Kitchen renovations come with both advantages and headaches. Hiring the best experts in renovating kitchens Northern Beaches certainly helps in alleviating some of these headaches. Even after teaming up with the best kitchen renovation specialist, there will be numerous responsibilities on the shoulders of the homeowner – from managing the budget to ensuring the new kitchen makes the home more hospitable and valuable in the real estate market, getting a fully renovated kitchen is a complex and challenging process. However, it’s a process that’s most certainly worth the time, money, and effort. Here’s how expert renovators make this tedious process much easier –
Table of Contents
The best kitchen renovators are always open to discussing renovation ideas with their clients. They’re always encouraging clients to show them Pinterest pins, magazine clippings, etc. The first step of creating a first-class kitchen design is efficient consultation. During this step, the renovation experts –
- Distinguish Between Needs and Dreams
Addressing the persistent problems that homeowners experience with their existing kitchens is always the first objective. That’s why, instead of focusing on ‘dream’ kitchen goals, clients need to establish a list of priorities for their new kitchen, graded as per their importance. For instance, if the kitchen doesn’t have enough dining space, creating new space would be the first objective. Adding new appliances would be the second priority. Distinguishing between dreams and needs is key to getting the kitchen renovation process started on an efficient note.
- Addressing the Technical Details
Experts of revamping kitchens Northern Beaches ensure that their renovation process is as smooth as possible. However, homeowners can’t expect to conclude the renovation process without experiencing some technical challenges. Here are some technical realities that homeowners need to accept before beginning a renovation project –
Prepare for high-quality logistical responsibilities – from ordering new cabinets to choosing new tiles for the kitchen; there will be plenty of materials and workers entering and exiting the house during the renovation process.
- Kitchen Downtime -The downtime for the kitchen depends on the quality of the renovation specialists. DIY projects can take more than three months while professional kitchen renovators require at least a month to execute the project.
- Resale Value – Homeowners should get expensive kitchen renovations only if they plan on residing in the same house for more than five years. If you’re planning to move within the next five years, basic kitchen plumbing and HVAC renovations or surface-level kitchen renovations are more practical options.
- Making Compromises – As kitchen renovators find ways to cut costs and homeowners get dreamy-eyed about marble floor tiles or custom cabinets – there are bound to be some compromises made during the process. The objective is to make the new kitchen unique, practical, and inexpensive. To do that, the two parties need to cooperate and find common ground.
These discussions with kitchen renovation specialists help homeowners translate their ideas and inspirations into realities. Check out these Kitchens Designing Techniques and Tips for Kitchens in Northern Beaches and see whether your renovation needs match your budget. After this first step, renovation specialists create preliminary designs that can later be revised. But, the basic blueprint of the renovation process is finalized in this stage. Understanding this blueprint and sticking to it can save homeowners plenty of hassle down the line.
Design and Planning
This extensive step of the process starts off with the experts of renovating kitchens Northern Beaches visiting your home to create client-focused design surveys. They walk the clients through possible design plans, flooring options, and layouts. The goal is to optimize the space by working around any existing limitations.
- Measuring the Space – The renovators collect detailed measurements to know the scope of the task.
- Order Cabinet Samples – Homeowners get to choose between different cabinet door styles and colors to see what types of cabinets, countertops, flooring, etc. match the tone of the kitchen.
- Revising the Initial Design – Using the information collected during the design surveys, the renovators alter the design blueprint to create realistic renovation projects. They pay attention to every detail while finalizing the renovation blueprint.
- Exploring the Options – Take final decisions on kitchen lighting, potential plumbing requirements, types of cabinetry to be selected, countertops, backsplashes, etc. Renovators help homeowners weigh the benefits of choosing each option.
- Applying for Permits – All kitchen renovation projects involving structural alterations, plumbing work, mechanical repairs, or electrical modifications need building permits from the local municipal offices. Applying early is vital as the confirmation process lasts weeks or even months. The more complex the project, the earlier renovators should apply for permits.
To ensure homeowners don’t feel lost in this process of blending aesthetics, budget management, and addressing technical details, the experts of renovating kitchens Northern Beaches use either kitchen design software or cardboard punch-outs to help homeowners visualize their new kitchens. Homeowners must check out the Best Redesign Concepts for Kitchens in Northern Beaches to achieve perfection in this process. After finalizing the design, timeline, and contract, renovators create detailed schedules to avoid delays or miscommunication.
Ordering New Products
As the renovators keep visiting the job site, they help homeowners order new –
- Complementary products (flooring, countertops, lighting fixtures, sinks, etc.)
After receiving these goods, they conduct thorough inspections and store the products in safe regions of the home. Before packing up the old kitchen and demolishing it, renovators also help homeowners establish temporary kitchens. They ensure that the old kitchen’s gas, water, and electric connections are shut off before they start making structural changes.
Executing the Project
This key part of the kitchen renovation process involves –
- Structural changes, like removing old walls.
- Dealing with plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, and electrical work.
- Installing drywall and painting over new walls and ceilings.
- Installing the floors.
- Finishing the walls and ceilings.
- Installing new floors.
- Installing new cabinets and countertops.
- Installing new electrical appliances and wiring fixtures.
- Installing backsplashes.
- Applying finishing touches (checking appliances, paint touch-ups, etc.)
After setting up the final plumbing and lighting connections, the renovators install ductwork covers. This entire process takes one or one-and-a-half months to complete. Finally, the renovators clear the job site and the ventilation system, ensuring the new kitchen looks perfect.
At the end of the renovation project, once all permits have been finalized, inspectors visit the kitchen, to state on the permit application that the job is complete and error-free. To make sure the final design matches client requirements, installers apply the finishing touches and resolve any doubts regarding the new installations!